Bitcoin mining firm Fortress Technologies has ordered 4,500 Bitmain Antminer S19j Pro machines as it seeks capture a greater share of mining revenue.
- The purchase will more than triple Fortress’ hash rate from 195 petahash per second to 645 PH/s, the firm announced Monday.
- The machines are scheduled for delivery in monthly instalments from April to September 2022.
- Financial terms were not disclosed. Fortress did not immediately respond to CoinDesk’s request for details.
- The purchase follows two weeks after that of 180 Whatsminers M30S machines, which are expected to be installed by the middle of this month.
- The Toronto Venture Exchange-listed Fortress (TSX-V: FORT) underwent a shake-up of its leadership team in September following the departure of CEO Aydin Kilic, who joined publicly traded crypto mining firm Hive Blockchain as president and COO.
- Antonin Scalia and Drew Armstrong joined Fortress from Galaxy Digital as CEO and COO respectively.
Read more: Hive Blockchain Orders Another 6,500 Bitcoin Mining Machines From Canaan