Justin Sun’s Tron Foundation has joined with APENFT, a non-fungible token (NFT) marketplace, to launch a $100 million fund to support NFT projects and digital artists.
- The Art Dream fund aims to collect “meaningful stories and catalyze financial and cultural inclusion in the metaverse,” said APENFT, which operates on the Tron blockchain founded by Sun.
- The metaverse is an environment generated by the convergence of virtual worlds, augmented reality and internet services.
- Artists will receive support and guidance from the Tron Foundation and APENFT, including advice on copyright protection and other legal aspects.
- The first theme for submissions is “Second Life.” The fund is calling for digital talents to apply by creating digital artworks exploring the Second Life in a digital parallel universe.
- The two firms have cooperated before: In August, the Tron Foundation announced it had partnered with APENFT and WINKLink to launch the $300 million Tron Arcade fund, which will invest in so-called GameFi projects over the next three years.
Read more: Tron Foundation Launches $300M Fund to Invest in GameFi Projects
Leave a Reply